Vaginal atrophy or atrophic vaginitis is a condition where the vaginal walls of women become dry, thin, and inflammable. This condition happens when women’s bodies do not have sufficient estrogen, and commonly, it follows menopause. Women suffering from vaginal atrophy find sexual intercourse to be hugely painful, and it also results in some highly distressing urinary symptoms. As this condition involves both urinary and vaginal symptoms, physicians call it the “genitourinary syndrome of menopause” or GSM. Some effective and simple treatments for this condition are obtainable, and lessened levels of estrogen make some vital changes in a woman’s body, but it does not mean she needs to survive with the GSM discomfort.
Signs and symptoms of GSM
Some common signs of GSM are plenty. Vaginal dryness, Vaginal discharge, Vaginal burning, Burning with urination, Genital itching, Frequent urination, Urgency with urination, Light bleeding after women go through sexual intercourse, Regular infections of the urinary tract, Discomfort at the time of intercourse, Urinary incontinence, Tightening and shortening of a woman’s vaginal canal, Lessened vaginal lubrication at the time of sexual activity and so many other sings are there.
How do sex toys help?
Numerous post-menopausal women go through GSM though only some need treatment. At times, women feel embarrassed to discuss these symptoms with their physician; and in this condition, they continue to live with them. Sex toys are hugely helpful in treating menopausal symptoms like vaginal atrophy. A rose toy is an effective sex toy that does its job similarly to other clitoral vibrators. However, in place of vibrating, it makes a sucking sensation through the spout-shaped feature as it wraps around the wearer’s clitoris.
Method of using a rose sex toy
For using a rose sex toy, you need to follow some rules:
- The very first thing you need to do is unpack the box and go through the instructions.
- You need to check whether or not the toy is damaged.
- Check if the rose sex toy has power. If you feel it lacks power, you must charge it, and when it is charged fully, it will blink red.
- You must use pure, clean water for cleaning the toy. However, you must not use any disinfectant spray.
- You need to prepare yourself to experiment with this toy and not use spit or lube.
- Select the speed. It would be wise to start slowly and feel it. Even when women use a rose toy at a low speed, they feel its effects to be too strong. However, if women don’t feel comfortable with it, they can alter the speed.